It’s hard to describe how special and important a mother can be and is every day of our lives. We are shaped by her teachings, her honesty and respect and the love that will always bind us.
There are some who’ve tried their best to explain the extraordinary characteristics of a mother so we’ve decided to share a few of them in honour of Mother’s day this year:
- “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers” – Jewish Proverb
- “Men are what their mothers made them” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” – Unknown
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” – Unknown
- “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Mothers were meant to love us unconditionally, to understand our moments of stupidity, to reprimand us for lame excuses while yet acknowledging our point of view, to weep over our pain and failures as well as cry at our joy and successes, and to cheer us on despite countless start-overs. Heaven knows, no one else will.” Richelle E. Goodrich
- “The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children.” – Elaine Heffner
- “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” – Gail Tsukiyama
Happy Mothers Day!